Dave Tarver | Create Your Own Metal Stamping Tools | Saturday, February 3, 2024 | 9:00 am until 4:30 pm
This is an exciting opportunity for intermediate students to create their own silversmithing stamps and practice using them!
First class of its kind on the teaching circuit!
This will open up numerous possibilities in silver stamping
Create your own custom designs!
Only 4 left in stock
Title of class: Create Your Own Metal Stamping Tools
Instructor: Dave Tarver
Date of Class: Saturday, February 3, 2024
Time: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Level: Intermediate and advanced
***Students must have experience working with a propane/O2 torch system and a solid grasp of silversmithing basics***
Type: Technique and Project
Class Fee: $205
Kit Fee: $40
- tool steel stamping blanks
- leather to test designs
- copper to practice stamping
- assorted hand files
- clamp on vise
Instructor will have the following for use in class:soldering stations
- Mapp gas torches
- belt sander
- water quenching pot
- rod magnets
- pumice annealing pan
- blacksmithing tongs
- scotchbrite tape
- metal cutoff saw
- alpha/numeric steel stamps
- paper towels
Student Supply List
- 3 hand file handles
- steel stamping block
- leather sandbag
- 2-3 point steel drill hammer (no brass hammers please)
Optional Supply List
Work light and extension cord
Magnification if required
Instructor Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructor Website: Dave Tarver
DO YOU NEED ANY SUPPLIES OR TOOLS FOR CLASS?
PRE-ORDER THEM TODAY!
Many of our students have asked us to help streamline the process of gathering their supplies and tools for classes, and we have come up with a way we think will work for you.
SJ Jewelry Supply in Phoenix is owned and operated by a wonderful family, headed by Mario Morales. His wife, Erika, and son, Steven, round out the staff, and they are excited to help make gathering your supplies easy and stress free. We guarantee they will make life easier for you! No kidding!
Here’s how it will work….
- Once you have determined what you will need for class, send an email with your request for products and/or tools to SJ Jewelry Supply
- Go to our website, open the class description for the class, scroll down to the section “Student Supplies,” cut and paste the items you want to purchase into an email to Mario.
- Here’s their email address mailto:email@example.com
- When they receive your email, they will send you a return email acknowledging receipt of your request
- In this email, they will instruct you about payment methods
- Once your order is filled, they will send you a second email with confirmation stating your order is complete
- Included in this email, they will give you instructions on how to pick up your orders upon arrival in September!
Sound easy? We think it’s going to help take the stress out of preparing for classes!