Join Susan and Ace in Phoenix this fall!
SEPTEMBER 11 – 15, 2023
9:00 AM UNTIL 4:00 PM DAILY
Frequently Asked Questions
*If you feel you registered in error, you may cancel within three days of your registration date and receive a full refund*
Email questions or comments regarding changes or cancellations to [email protected]
BECAUSE INSTRUCTORS NEED TIME TO GATHER MATERIALS FOR KITS AND PLAN FOR THEIR CLASSES, WE HAVE THOUGHTFULLY CRATED THE FOLLOWING DEADLINES FOR OUR RETREAT.
- Cancellations made prior to May 22, 2023 will incur a $75 processing fee.
- Cancellations made between May 22, 2023 and July 17, 2023 will incur a $150 processing fee
- All fees are non-refundable on or after July 17, 2023.
IN THE VERY RARE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY OR UNAVOIDABLE NATURAL DISASTER OR ACT OF GOD, A CLASS MAY BE CANCELLED. IN THIS SITUATION, ALL FEES WILL BE REIMBURSED.
I hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue Solem’s Classic Interiors LLC (hereinafter referred to as releasees), its officers, employees, agents, and volunteers of any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury, or death, that may be sustained by me. this waiver applies to the duration of my involvement with the retreat held by the releasee.
I will also agree to defend, indemnify and hold Solem’s Classic Interiors, LLC, its officials, employees, agents, and volunteers harmless from any liabilities, claims, injuries, damages, losses, lawsuits, judgements, and expenses associated with the acts or failure to act by me for the full duration of the retreat.
It is my express intent that the waiver and hold harmless provisions of this agreement shall survive my death and apply to all my agents, successors and assigns, heirs, and personal representatives.
Both parties agree to apply the laws of the state of Arizona and enter into binding arbitration if a dispute were to arise.
If any portion of this agreement is deemed unlawful or unenforceable then only that portion will be stricken and the remainder of the provisions will remain in force.
- choose one instructor for the entire residency program
- nationally and internationally recognized jewelry artist-instructors
- grow creatively and technically
- learn and practice in a supportive environment
- reignite your passion for learning
- merge techniques into your own style
Urban Metal Studio
Vivi Magoo has contracted with this awesome studio in Mesa Arizona to provide a quality environment in which to learn and practice new skills with our resident instructors.
You may choose to ship your things ahead of time.
Make sure to put your name on your boxes so we know where to direct them when they are delivered. We would appreciate it if you would time delivery one day prior to the start of class.
Here is the address
Urban Metal Studio
c/o (Vivi Magoo and your name)
33 S Sycamore, Ste 1
Mesa, AZ 85202
- doors to Urban Metal Studio will open at 8:30 am daily – connect with your Vivi Magoo family while you wait for class to begin
- doors to each classroom will open at 8:45 am – settle in for the day
- morning session will begin each day at 9:00 am
- Lunch Break from 12:00 pm until 1:00 pm
- afternoon session will begin at 1:00 pm
- classroom doors will close at 4:30 pm each day
- if you are staying at the Embassy Suites, Happy Hour will begin at 5:00 pm
- for those of you who wish to dine out, we will choose a nearby restaurant and make a group reservation for 6:00 pm
- Each participant should optimally have an advanced-beginner/intermediate level of experience with basic metal smith techniques.
- Students should be comfortable using butane hand held torches, oxygen and propane torches, acetylene and ambient air torches, and have a basic understanding of the tools in a metal smith’s studio – such as rolling mill, hydraulic press, various hammers, texturing tools and a jeweler’s saw.
- Do you need to be an expert jewelry designer to take this series of classes? Not at all! Our instructors are exceptional at meeting students at their individual level.
- With a limited number of students per class, the amount of personal attention our instructors give their students is awesome!