Studio Luna Verde | Hoops and Hinges: kinetic earrings | Sunday, February 4, 2024 | 9:00 am until 6:00 pm (1-hour lunch period)
join me in the adventure of creating unusual, organic hoops utilizing scrap silver, while exploring fusing, and adding unexpected texture. to incorporate movement, we will add bezel set stones to dance and sway beneath the hoops.
be prepared for some fussy soldering, but you will not be disappointed in the results.
let’s get hoopy!
please note: in my classes, i give students free rein on design, and course images shown here are a small sampling of where these techniques can be taken.
Out of stock
It looks like this is a very popular class and has sold out!
Hoops and Hinges – Kinetic Earrings
Instructor: Ace McCasland
Title of Class: Hoops and Hinges: kinetic earrings
Date of Class: February 4, 2024
Class Fee: $275
Time: 9-6 (one-hour lunch)
Level: advanced beginner / intermediate
Kit Fee: $105
three rose cut cabs, because we love asymmetry
(variety depends upon availability. if you choose to do more, i will have additional on hand for purchase)
sterling silver tubing
24 gauge silver sheet
14g sterling silver wire
18g sterling silver wire
20g sterling silver wire
snap on sanding discs w/ mandrel
3M polishing paper
Use of instructor’s tools and equipment, including
patina – LOS
Baking Soda for neutralizer
Dawn, paper towels, dishpans for water
Student Supply List
scrap silver (wire, sheet, bezel, whatever you have) favorite hammer
jewelers saw and blades (#2/0)
steel bench block
bench pin / 3” or 4” C-Clamp to secure bench pin (tables vary in thickness) pliers – flat nose, chain nose, round nose
files – hand files and needle files
cross lock tweezers
burnisher for bezels
ruler (with mm reading helpful)
sanding sticks and/or sandpaper (220-400 grit)
cut lube or wax for burs / saw blades
Optional Supply List
Work light and extension cord
Magnification if required
Instructor Email Address: email@example.com
Instructor Website: studiolunaverde.com
DO YOU NEED ANY SUPPLIES OR TOOLS FOR CLASS?
PRE-ORDER THEM TODAY!
Many of our students have asked us to help streamline the process of gathering their supplies and tools for classes, and we have come up with a way we think will work for you.
SJ Jewelry Supply in Phoenix is owned and operated by a wonderful family, headed by Mario Morales. His wife, Erika, and son, Steven, round out the staff, and they are excited to help make gathering your supplies easy and stress free. We guarantee they will make life easier for you! No kidding!
Here’s how it will work….
- Once you have determined what you will need for class, send an email with your request for products and/or tools to SJ Jewelry Supply
- Go to our website, open the class description for the class, scroll down to the section “Student Supplies,” cut and paste the items you want to purchase into an email to Mario.
- Here’s their email address mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- When they receive your email, they will send you a return email acknowledging receipt of your request
- In this email, they will instruct you about payment methods
- Once your order is filled, they will send you a second email with confirmation stating your order is complete
- Included in this email, they will give you instructions on how to pick up your orders upon arrival in September!
Sound easy? We think it’s going to help take the stress out of preparing for classes!